This post a while back from Earthlite is a great testament to the power of using technology for your massage business. If you've been hesitant to get wired to help your practice, I urge you to reconsider.
As a follow up to my post a while back about the benefits of online scheduling,
I'd like to address one issue I recently heard from a therapist on why she doesn't want to use online scheduling.
She wants to be in complete control of her schedule and doesn't feel she can do that using online scheduling.
Here are some features that many online schedulers include that do exactly that - give you control over your schedule:
- Appointment "requests".
An appointment request can be confirmed or declined by the therapist. The appointment is not automatic but simply a request.
- Max days out clients are allowed to schedule.
Ability to change the settings so your clients can only schedule appointments a certain time frame out - for example, clients cannot schedule until 4 days from now, etc. versus clients can schedule immediately.
- Optimized Scheduling - an optional feature that will only allow clients to schedule appointments that are immediately before or after existing appointments - eliminating gaps in your day.
- Customizable intervals for appointment start times (10, 15, 30, 45, etc) or choice of "stacked" times (1:00, 2:15, 3:30).
- Customizable break times in between appointments (15 min, 30 min, etc.)
- Syncing with other calendars - enabling you to view your calendar from anywhere. Wouldn't it be nice to view your calendar on your phone instead of lugging your appointment book around with you everywhere?
I understand that online scheduling may not be for everyone. But if you're afraid to try it for fear of losing control over your schedule, the above features are designed with you in mind - and can actually give you more control.
*Not all schedulers are the same. Do your research and find what is going to be the best fit for your business.
Are you a therapist who was hesitant to switch to online scheduling, but are now happy you did? What benefits have you noticed in your business?