|krishnan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
- They are dependable. They aren't flaky with their work schedule. They commit their time to their business just as if they were working a 9-5 job (not necessarily those hours, of course). But they keep a consistent work schedule, and they don't cancel because it's a sunny day and they'd rather be gardening. They only reschedule in the event of illness or emergency. They are their own boss, and they ACT like a boss by making attendance at their job a priority.
- They continue their education.
- They value themselves and understand that they can't help ANYBODY if they can't even pay their own bills. They charge accordingly.
- They are open to feedback and take it as constructive criticism - and then act to make the needed improvements.
- They have a niche market.
- They continually work on marketing their massage business.
- They realize there is enough business for everyone. They see opportunities for learning from other MT's and embrace a network of colleagues - rather than get competitive and territorial.
Of course, the list doesn't have to stop at 7... what do you feel are some other habits of successful massage therapists?