Today we have a guest post from Ryan Hoyme (aka Massage Nerd) with some tips on using videos to market your massage business.
Did you watch the Super Bowl ONLY for the commercials?
One thing they had in common, was most of them were 30-60 seconds and that is what can keep the average viewer's attention. Even thou I didn’t like most of them; they at least kept me glued to the Internet (I watched the Super Bowl online).
Making a commercial for your business should have the same time frame as it does for TV commercials. You want to grab the person’s attention and keep them there as long as they are viewing the commercial. I made huge mistakes when I first started out, but having very long videos and in my youtube insights, I noticed most of my longer videos were only being watched for a few minutes at a time…on a good day.
Tips to keep the viewer…viewing:
- 30-60 seconds for your commercial.
- Not shorter than 20 seconds.
- Use different angles in the commercial (one frame one angle, another frame a side angle, and so on).
- Keep your intro clip down to 2-4 seconds.
- Audio is 2/3 of the video, so have a proper microphone.
- If your video is educational, then you can break the rule of 30-60 seconds (usually 2-4 minutes is decent)
- Have a respectable intro clip and even hire someone to make one, because it will help with branding, and you will use it on all your future videos.
- Have an outro clip how they can find you and keep it at 4-6 seconds, because if you put your website on there, you want them to be able to see it.
- You can have a sound effect or little bit of music on your intro/outro clip, to make it enticing. Make sure you don’t use copyrighted music and there are places like www.incompetech.com , that are free to use and all they ask for is proper credit and a donation if you would like. Plus, you can purchase music for commercial use too.
- Having a picture popup every now and then will keep them glued to your video.
I tend to break the above rules all the time, but I’m always trying to see what works and doesn’t. The business world is all about taking risks, and if you don’t take any, it will be hard to grow your business to the next level.
I will be submitting regular blog posts on www.theyoungthumbs.com about video tips and other things related to massage and if you ever KNEAD help making videos for your business, I’m just a website away at www.ryanhoyme.com