In last Monday's post, we discussed tip #3 of rewarding the referrer. So moving right along in our series...
Referral Fire Starter Tip #4: Give Great Service
It almost goes without saying – but I’m going to say it anyway. The number-one way to ensure quality referrals is to give great service in the first place. The happier your clients are, the more likely they’ll be to refer their friends and colleagues in your direction. Here are some past posts for some ideas on making sure your current clients are as pleased as possible:
- 10 simple ways to wow your clients.
- Powerful ways to show appreciation to your clients.
- Set yourself apart from the competition.
- 7 habits of highly successful massage therapists.
When you implement these ideas, you’ll see your client satisfaction and natural referrals increase. And when you combine great customer service with some of the other tips in this series, you’ll really experience the snowball effect that will lead only one place – to more clients and more money.
- Provide an easy way for clients to schedule an appointment with you. Whether it’s a phone number or an email address, have your contact information and make it easy to find on your website. You DO have a website, right? Offering online scheduling is an awesome convenience to your clients that will help set you apart and stand out in their minds.
- Set expectations. If you’re a solo therapist and only check email between 9-10 AM, you need to let your clients know that you won’t be on call 24/7. Likewise, if you only answer your phone at certain times, letting clients know beforehand will head off any concerns about non-responsiveness. You can post your “office hours” on your website, or create an outgoing message or autoresponder that lets people know when to expect a response from you (a word of warning: In today’s “microwave” world, anything more than 24 hours is considered long).
- Underpromise and overdeliver. Underpromising and overdelivering is a quick path to clients’ hearts.
- Take the extra step. Do whatever it takes to make the client happy – then go one more step. Provide exemplary service and find ways to thrill your clients. They’ll pay back your efforts in loyalty – and referrals!
What ways do you provide great service to your clients?