Have you ever heard of Animoto? It's a cool little site where you can take video clips and pictures - add text & music - to create a free 30 second video.
It's a great tool to create a commercial about your massage practice to add to your website. It's fairly simple - after creating an account and logging in, you can choose your pictures from several different sources including your Facebook account. Add any text you want and choose music to go with your video... and Animoto then does the rest.
Here are some tips to create an awesome commercial:
- Keep it short. You can purchase a longer video, but 30 second videos are free... and really, 30 seconds is the perfect length for a commercial. You want to entice people, not bore them with a long video.
- Animoto has a very large library of music to choose from... however, in my opinion, not much of it goes nicely with massage therapy. I'd recommend uploading your own music. Keep in mind that there may be some legalities to uploading just any music... To be on the safe side, I recommend using music from ASOMAssage*. (ASOMAssage is a music membership site with royalty free massage music - only $9.95/month membership gets you 6 hours of downloadable music each month! It's a great service, despite their use of that talking popup that I just advised against in last week's post...)
The music in the video below is a sampling of the beautiful massage music you get with a membership. If you're a member of ASOMAssage and would like to use some of their music for your videos, please contact them for details.
- Use pictures of yourself - not other therapists. Trade with a photographer to get some nice, professional photos.
- Remember to put your website address and phone number in the video. Direct clients to schedule online if you offer that service.
- Post your video on your website and Facebook page.
Here's a little example of what you can do -
*I am an affiliate with Asomassage, which means I will receive a referral commission if you signup for this service. However, this commission does not influence the information I provide in this blog nor does it mean that you will pay more if you buy through my links. I always provide honest opinions and reviews to share my findings, beliefs and experiences.
Massage Software, a complete online management solution for independent massage therapists that includes online scheduling.
She continues to operate her own private massage practice of 13 years, and has been an associate instructor for Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy since 2007. www.BodyworkBuddy.com