The truth is, relaxation begins prior to your session...
Have you ever rushed in to make an appointment, and then felt scattered and anxious through the first half of the session? While this may not be a huge deal for say... an appointment with your accountant (who doesn't feel some anxiety about taxes?), it's really a shame for this to happen for your massage appointment.
It's easier to sink into a deep relaxation and get the most out of your massage session when you include some time in your schedule before the appointment to begin the relaxation process. (Before you even get on the table.)
Here's some tips to help you prepare for your session and ultimately, get the most out of your massage:
- Include some buffer time in your schedule so you're not coming directly from traffic or a meeting.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Don't eat just before your massage, but also don't show up starving.
- Take several slow, deep breaths before you even walk in to your massage therapist's studio.
- Use the restroom.
- If your mind is still racing during the massage, focus on how the work feels on your muscles.
Learning to take some extra time and preparing can help deepen your experience, making the effects much more far reaching.
What other tips do you have for the best massage experience?