Things I've learned from my dog that are crucial to running a massage therapy business:
- Trust your gut. Listen to your instincts.
- Do what you love.
- Be open to receiving.
- Take sheer joy in everything you do.
- Play a little bit every day. (or even a LOT).
- When someone crosses your boundaries, let them know immediately.
- There's no such thing as too many squeaky toys.
- Discover new things and be open to learning more.
- Be a good listener
- Be authentic - don't pretend to be something you're not.
Thanks & big sloppy kisses to Iggy for these lessons and more.
What have you learned from your pets lately?
Cindy Iwlew is co-founder of Bodywork Buddy Massage Software, a complete online management solution for independent massage therapists that includes online scheduling.
She continues to operate her own private massage practice of 13 years, and has been an associate instructor for Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy since 2007. www.BodyworkBuddy.com