The hot weather has arrived! I read a recent discussion on Facebook about using hot stones during the warm weather months... while some therapists may choose to stop using hot stones in the summer, you could add in some "cooling" add-ons for your clients. (I think these could pair well with hot stones, or be just as lovely on their own.)
- Cold stones on the face and behind the neck while supine
- Peppermint oil hot towels for the feet
- Peppermint, spearmint & eucalyptus in a diffuser
- Cooling essential oil blend or peppermint oil on the back
- Sombra or Biofreeze added to sessions
- Chilled eye pillow, cucumber slices or cooled tea bags over the eyes
- Chilled towels for the back at the start of the session
- Refreshing flavored water offered to clients after massage
(See A Muscle Therapist's Thoughts for some creative ideas!)
What kind of summer add-ons do you like to offer?
Massage Software, a complete online management solution for independent massage therapists that includes online scheduling.
She continues to operate her own private massage practice of 13 years, and has been an associate instructor for Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy since 2007. www.BodyworkBuddy.com